Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pictures of the water I have saved that has dripped off my house

The first two pictures are the containers of water I was able to collect in December and January.  I try and collect as much water as possible every winter.  I do not have rain gutters so I get what I can that drips off of the house.  I mainly collect from one side, because of the easy access to it.

Here are most of my water containers under the drip line of the eaves.



This is the last of the containers except for a fifty gallon drum that collects water too.


The next picture is almost  all of the water I was able to collect in December, January, and February.  I have never collected so much water before.  I was also able to get a very large amount of containers that hold about 2 1/2 gallons that were going to be thrown out, so that helped too.


Here are most of the containers.  The ones against the house are 1/2 to 3/4 full.  Waiting for the rain this weekend to fill them up more.  Not showing against the house are one more red tub, another tote the size of the gray tote, and the 50 gallon drum.  They are about 1/2 full also.  I will fill in the empty spaces against the house with more small buckets before the rain begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment