Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pictures of How I am Protecting my Plants Outside

I have 11 raised beds in my garden.  This year is redid six of the beds so that they are all the size of the glass doors we use for protecting the crops.

Potatoes planted 3/17/11 were covered with glass on 3/22.


Potatoes planted 3/17/11 and 3/22 were covered with glass on 3/22.


Transplanted the broccoli, cabbage and Brussels sprouts that were growing inside the house on 3/22.  Also transplanted 2 cabbage that where still alive from last year that had hardly grown into this bed.  Covered it with glass on 3/22.  This glass door is about 2 inches narrower than the rest so on 3/23 I placed an old sheet along the edge to fill the gap.


The potato tote went into the garage on 3/21 and back outside on 3/22.  It is very flexible and the soil cracks open when moving it, so it will have to stay outside.  We wrapped a moving blanket around the 3 outer sides.  I barely reaches around the corners to the fourth side, but it is enough that the frame of the adjacent bed holds the blanket in place.  Then a small window was placed on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment