Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Forks in the Garden

The quail dig in the empty spots of my garden beds every year.  This picture was taken the end of September.  I bought plastic forks from the Dollar Store and put them everywhere there was bare soil.  I used a few forks, knives, and spoons that I had left from who-knows-what in the house.

Here is another garden bed growing forks.  I didn't plant the Mexican Primrose here.  The wind or the birds planted them.  I left them there until the end of October.

NOTE:  Dollar Store forks are cheap and by the end of October and early November when I was removing them the tines broke off just touching the forks.  Some of the forks snapped off at ground level.  It wasn't fun cleaning up the pieces.  I did use some forks that I already had leftover that were thicker and they did not fall apart when pulled out of the ground.

More forks in these baskets that a dove tried to make her home in several times.  These pictures were taken in June.  The dove found these baskets just days after putting them up.


No comments:

Post a Comment