Friday, June 26, 2015

Weeding June 17, 2015 and Quail Pictures.

All this wonderful rain has make the weeds grow.

Picture number 1.   This is on the right side of the pile of rocks close to the garden.

Picture number 2.   This in on the left side of the rocks close to the grass.

This spot at the edge of the asparagus and parsley had turned into a never ending battle.  It is mostly grass that spreads from rhizomes under the ground.

Picture number 4.   Not so bad here.  I think this is a good place to start.

Another place that isn't so bad.  I need to take more pictures so you can see how large the area actually is.

I used the hula hoe on every part of the yard I weeded.  I'm thinking that is is the equivalent of vacuuming the carpets in my entire house with the nozzle used for cleaning cracks and crevices.
 
Got them all hoed out.  Well maybe not.  Looks like more right where the hula hoe marks are. The areas hoed with the shadow of the mail box and glass door is the lowest area in our yard, so the weeds there got extra water.

Well I got the ones in the picture above now.  All the weeds are raked into a pile.  Did I miss these or did they grow in just a few minutes.  Okay time to hula hoe again.  This is right in back of the trailer.

Okay.  Hoed and raked again.  Really there are more?  This is worse than vacuuming the entire house with the crack and crevice nozzle.

Well I guess the third time is a charm.  Here are the weeds and some rocks from the first two pictures.

They are even growing in the cracks of the patio.  Well these got sprayed with vinegar.

I went outside and took pictures of the weed areas showing larger views.

 Here is a larger view of the area from picture number 4.

This is from the fence to the trailer.  You can see the trailer wheels in some of the above pictures.  You can also see the edge of the blue barrel that is also in picture number four which is not the same blue barrels as in the above picture.  LOL. Are you confused yet?  Maybe Hubby will take a picture from the roof. A good aerial view would explain it all.

We should really move this trailer back to the corner it belongs. We parked it here on May 16. Actually I'm kind of liking it where it is.  Sometime between 5 and 6:30 every morning there has been a cat fight under or in front of the trailer for the last several months.  That is until we used the trailer and didn't put it back.  I don't know were they are fighting now, but I am thrilled not to have that as my alarm clock now.

 Here is a picture from the left side of the trailer.  You can really see the low spot now.

Can you see all the green spots.  This is just 9 days later.  I still haven't cleaned up other piles of weeds and rocks.  It looks like it is time to start again.

 Picture number 16.   Old dead weeds waiting to be cleaned up and lots of new green weeds growing.

 Another mess of dead weeds, rocks, grapevine pieces, and cat poop to clean up.

This area of new weeds is part of the area I cleaned to make the pile in picture number 16.  More weeds are here too.

So here is why I really went outside and took more pictures of the yard.  As I was posting pictures and writing I looked out the window into my garden and saw the quail at work.
Here they are.

They moved before I got the picture taken from the window.  You can see daddy at the corner of the bed with the gray bucket and the black bucket?

Cropped the picture.  Can you find mommy quail?

Cropped it again.  Can you see here now?  She is between the buckets under the screen.

See what she did?  The first hole is on the left front side of the black bucket.  She was just starting to scrape the ground on the back left side of the gray bucket when I went outside and scared them out of the garden.  I am holding the screen up to take this picture.  When that was done I shifted the buckets over the plants and placed the screen flat on the ground and up tight against the squash plant to make it fit.

Here is where they went when I came outside.  They casually walked away like they were on a stroll and not fleeing the scene of a destruction mission.  Hubby was hoping the bowl she made was to lay eggs in.
Oh no.  I'm glad they hide their eggs.  I would be giving them away as food.  I don't want more garden wreckers in training being flaunted before me.  LOL.


I'll tell you about the buckets in the next post.  Hopefully it will be this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment