Friday, June 26, 2015

Garlic

June 10, 2015


Here are two views of the same garlic bed.  This garlic was planted August 13, 2014.  I looked beautiful in January and February.  Then the weather went crazy and I lost almost everything on the left side of the sprinkler line.  I replanted the left side sometime in March I think.  I used all the garlic I had left and ran out where the screen is.  The screen in there to keep the quail from making their little bowls to sit in and get cooled off.
The garlic on the right side of the bed were looking like they were going to die also.  I just kept watering them and hoped for the best.

Now it is June 16, 2015.  Just 6 days after the above pictures and the garlic never started to flower.  I just started dying.  The cloves are are double cloves.  I am guessing that this is because they almost died off and started growing again.  They are little, but at least I have some garlic to plant for next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment