Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Sick of this weather!

It is June 1st and it is so cold outside.  I went and covered up everything since it will probably get down to freezing again tonight.  I am completely sick of this weather.  The only good thing is that it is so windy that the bugs are staying away.   Ha ha, as if that matters. It is so cold there is nothing for the bugs to eat, because nothing is growing.

It is also so windy that the top 1/2 inch of soil is always dried out.  Even when it is covered.  I have decided that is why none of the cold weather crops that have been planted and replanted are germinating.  I planted squash 3 or 4 weeks ago and it still hasn't germinated.  Wind and cold are both issues for squash.

I am not even keeping my gardening journal anymore.  I have nothing to write except for replanted ____ and ___ is dead.

All of my pumpkin, melons, squash, and gourds in the peat pots are dead too.  I take them outside when the weather allows, but I have been watering them twice a day and they still dry out.

The plants in the Topsy Turvy are mostly dead.  The wind broke the tomatilla that was in the bottom.  I think it also had a problem with 2 people watering and not knowing what the other was doing.  I went outside one day and saw water dripping down the tomatilla pretty fast.

Does anyone else feel like me and just want to let it all die and be done with all the gardening problems this year?  Somebody tell a success story.  I need some good news.

2 comments:

  1. testing to see if i can get message through. i did post pics on my facebook page. :=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pictures. They will be on this blog soon. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete