Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fighting the critters part 2

Just wanted you to know that red pepper flakes do not work for keeping the cat from using my yard as a bathroom.  I am in the process of putting plastic and gravel down. Got it from my river bed up to where the cat was going.  He just moved a couple of feet over to a new spot.  Went to the store today and bought black pepper in bulk.  I could smell it all the way home and it was double bagged.  I put it everywhere there is sandy soil.  It should smell strong enough to keep him away.  I will let you know.  The fishsticks are still in the cat trap.  The squirrel hasn't come back and the strawberries are dried up in the squirrel trap.  I guess it is too cold for the squirrel.

1 comment:

  1. The black pepper seems to be working. I snowed yesterday and I forgot to put out fresh pepper last night, but the cat didn't leave any sign of being around. I am going to put out fresh pepper today.

    ReplyDelete