Saturday, July 4, 2015

Pictures of the Rain on July 2, 1015


This is where my strawberries used to be until I moved them last year and this year.  Hubby tilled the hard ground so that we could scrape off a few inches and put new soil in there.  The tilled soil held the rain well and turned into a muddy mess.



            
 Straight out the family room window.

        
 To the left some.

 As far to the left as I could take a picture without going outside.

Looking out the Family room glass door.  This is part of the low area of the yard where a lot of the weeds were. I guess they will be back.

 Looking at that low area out one of the bedroom windows.

This is out the other bedroom window.  Too bad my barrels aren't hooked up to collect the rain.  I need rain gutters and the barrels linked together.  Did you know that it is ILLEGAL to collect rainwater in Nevada and most other states.  Does that make sense in the driest state in the Union.  Utah, the second driest state, is working on changing that policy.  California is making some changes too.

Same window as above.  Hubby came home and said that there was a river running through the gravel on the other side of the fence and out into the street.

 A flower bed full of water.

 Another bed with just a little.

I put a brick in the pond and brought it close to the house the day before this rain, because the wind was blowing it across the patio.  Since this has never been installed and I don't think it ever will be set up as a pond, the children have claimed it as their swimming pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment