Saturday, February 1, 2014

Planted Seeds Indoors Today

According to The Old Farmer's 2014 Almanac February 1, 2, 10, and 11 are the best days based on the Moon's sign to plant above ground crops.
Today I planted tomato, cucumber, gourd, cantaloupe and pumpkin seeds in the peat cells that expand in water and are covered with a paper mesh.



 Here are the small peat cells in a box that cupcakes were in.

 I labeled them on the outside of the box.

This is the large peat cells with the rest of the things planted today.  These containers were from the local grocery store that were being thrown out.  They were missing the tops.  I used two tacks to hold two container bottoms together (one right side up and one upside down).  I wrote on the edge of the bottom container what is in each cell.
Everything is sitting on a table in front of a South facing window.  I will get the grow light out and place them under it as soon as something germinates.

No comments:

Post a Comment