Sunday, January 27, 2013

See What's Growing January 2013.

HERE IS WHAT IS GROWING INDOORS

I zoomed in really close on this pot in the house.  The Sweet Basil I planted Jan 5th is just starting to germinate.

Here is the lettuce I planted the same day.  This is from seed I saved last year.

Starting to get some spinach on the other end too.


Here is both pots under the grow lights.  Two days after this picture the basil wasn't looking very well.  I covered it with Press 'n Seal, but did not press the narrow ends to the container.  I looks better today (1/27).

HERE IS WHAT IS GROWING OUTSIDE

The lettuce hasn't grown much.  I'm surprised it is doing as good as it is.

Some of the lettuce near the edges froze.

A little more frozen on the other side of the bed.

The spinach is handling the cold better than the lettuce.

I meant to move the rock and sprinkler line months ago and forgot.  Now the wood frame fits against the brick better and the glass will press it down more.  Cleaned out the dead tree leaves and weeds.  I'm not sure how the tree leaves got in there.





No comments:

Post a Comment